November 26, 2010

T-Boz (of TLC) in Marriage Material (Quick Review)


Nathan and Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins in the play Marriage Material (Washington, DC)
November 20th 2010


It's been awhile since I've posted here and I apologize deeply! It's been crazy ever since I got back from Washington! I still haven't even been able to post my review for "Marriage Material" I don't have time to do a full review butl I will say it was possibly the best play I've seen in a VERY long time, and I'm not just saying that because T-Boz' was in it. It had numerous parts where the actors would sing. It starred Tank who sang his hit "Please Don't Go" and also allowed Tionne to sing "No Scrubs" and a song by Kelly Price. Putting the singing aside, it allowed Tionne to show yet another side of her talent. We all know she can act (ie: Belly) but her character in this (Jackie) was nothing like "Tionne" where as in Belly the character had more  of a reflection into her real life. I laughed, cried, and screamed my lungs out, and I would have to rate this a solid 4 out of 5 stars. The set could have used some help, but it fit the 'theme' or 'story line' unfortunately for the TLC fans who didn't get a chance to see the play, it doesn't look like she will be appearing in the second leg starting up in 2011, as she has another informative style tour in the works. No word if the show will be released on DVD or not, but I keep my fingers crossed. One thing I thought was really cool is that all the stars allowed fans to take pictures with them in front of a green screen for $25 that they could also get autographed as well. I got a chance to meet the entire cast, and every single one of them was very down to earth and fun to be around. She (T-Boz) invited yours truly,  and UBER TLC FAN Carl into her dressing room in between shows, and enjoyed a Turkey Burger and some delicious french fries.  where she took the time to sign numerous autographs for fans that her manager brought up to her. She also called a huge TLC fan on the phone to surprise her for her 14th Birthday. She played some of her music from her upcoming solo album, and joked around for about 2 hours. If I could sum Tionne up in one word, it would have to be 'generous'! She has got to be the most down to earth celebrity I've ever come across. You can check out a video of Tionne singing and several pictures after the jump!

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS! I'D LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS!








No comments:

Post a Comment