April 5, 2011

I've got a few things I need to get off my chest before I explode. Now I'm not usually one to complain or even put my personal life out there like this. Now, for the past few weeks I've had some health issues that have caused me to miss a period of work. Last week, I was out for a total of 6 days, with proper documentation from doctor and the hospital saying i was unable to attend work until a certain period of time. Now, my place of employment apparently has a new policy where no matter how many days you are out, they do not accept doctors notes, and any day missed will be considered an unexcused missed day. Now, again, being that I have documentation showing I was unable to return to work, they will not allow that as a excused days out. Now, being that it was a period of 6 days in a row, they have placed me on a 6 month probation. I can't miss one day, nor be a minute late. Where, normally is not a problem. I only miss work when I'm sick or if something has come up with my family, or something personal. Now, if for some reason I come down with another cold, or something comes up, there will be no option but to come into work, which, correct me if I'm wrong, is against the law. If you have a note from your doctor, or even the ER saying you were under medical care and are or were unable to attend work DUE TO your doctors decision, how can you legally be put on a final warning? I do believe that is against the law. I'm currently looking into legal advice to take action against the company I work for. The main problem I have is not so much the fact that I was placed on final warning because there are other issues I've had with this place, but it's the fact I had all the proof in the world, and they out of nowhere no longer take doctors notes. So, my question to them is, what in face IS an excused day? Death?

No comments:

Post a Comment