June 8, 2011

#Beyonce4 Review Track By Track

All in all, this album is a slow to mid-tempo style album with songs that make you think. Normally I enjoy lyrical albums, but thats only when the artist is actually writing the material they sing. It's Beyoncé so it's going to sell well, but I'm not too sure if this album should be listed as her best work, as she has been saying in interviews and album promo. It's not horrible by any means. Her voice sends chills down my back, and we all know how talented this 'girl' is, but something about this album doesn't hit me the way I thought it would.
I wont lie, at first when she performed this on Idol, I wasn't sure if I was going to be a fan of this song. After hearing it a few times and actually listening to the words, it really is a good song. Lyrically it bring out a side in Beyoncé we haven't really seen in awhile.

This is one of those songs I think I would relate to much more if I wasn't in such an amazing relationship. It's a song almost everyone could relate to, so I can see this one being a fan favorite. Ever been that one who gave everything to someone and got nothing in return, but still felt it in your heart to give more? This is a song for you.

This song reminds me of a Phil Collins song, and I grew up listening to him. I really like this song. It's a classic song for that someone you 'want to forget' but you will never forget and will always 'miss' a part of them. It ends abruptly, but either way not that bad of a song




This song really gets to me. I've been here before. It reminds me of "irreplaceable" part two, but speaks on ways that song didn't touch. Very good song if you're in a 'situation' where you are just honestly over it. Lyrically this is my favorite song on the album. 

Finally an up-beat (kind of) song on the album. Do you have that guy or girl that you're seeing on the side? Is he/she a party person and your main squeeze isn't? It reminds me of an early 90's summer song. Andre 3000 brings energy good flow to the song, and Kanye has a small part towards the end. Sounds like something he's said before. Again, another random ending to a song.



Love too fast? Live on the dangerous side? This song is for you. Again, another slow song bringing the early 90's sound back. In my opinion an album filler.

Just had a fight with your significant other? Has it happened before? Are you still in love? This is a song about two people going through the same things over and over again in a relationship. She's singing about trying things over and going back to where things started. If you're going through the same thing listen to this song. Not too much else to say.


Again, early 90's sounding music, mediocre lyrics. Not too much a fan of this song after 2 or 3 listens.  
 


It starts off slow, goes into a random countdown but it fits with the title. Goes into a mid-tempo classic Beyoncé style vocal arrangement song. Something about this song makes me think in time I might enjoy it, but for now, not too much a fan.


I like this song. I hear it in the clubs as a remix. The beat reminds me of "Lost Your Mind"
  


 Other than Best Thing I Never Had this is my favorite song on the album. Seeing her win the Billboard awards this year, I realized she really has worked hard to get where she is. The name stood out to me to be honest. I listened to this song first when I got it. Possibly one of my top 5 Beyoncé songs of all time, only because she is singing from her heart. 


HATED this song when I first heard it. Almost everyone I know still does, but I find myself singing it and doing the "shake your photoshopped head back and forth" dance. I finally like this song, 2 months later. I understand why it was the "buzz" single. It's the only song on the album with energy. 


OVERALL RATING

No comments:

Post a Comment