March 17, 2012

New alternate #Supernova album cover #LeftEye @TLCARMY

For all the TLC fans, this cover may be new to you. I was using the Internet Archive website to look at Eyenetics. Sadly, because the website is flash based, the only thing that would show up was the pictures, and the main "enter" page - However, I found a Japanese radio website via the same "Archive" app, and found this. I remember vividly (however, forgot about until I seen this) that on the Eyenetics website, you could stream the whole Supernova album before it was released, and this is the cover that was attached to the media player. No word if this was just something Lisa made for fun while paying around on her "Business Graphic Computer" in her home, or if this was the original cover she had intended to use for the album. In my opinion, this one is 100x better than the one we have. It's more, bright, fun, and more.. Lisa! I'm trying to find the HQ picture used for the cover, so I can do my best to "re-create" the cover. I looked everywhere to try and find the actual cover above in better quality, but every link went to that one.

*EDIT*
I finally found the HQ version of that photo shoot picture, and the font used as well.. I layered the two together, did my best to smooth out some of the compression on the first one, and played around with the colors a bit too. This should SO be used for the Deluxe edition of Supernova! (just throwing that out there)





1 comment: